Embedded Hardware Acquisition & AnalysisDigital Forensic Training
Dive Into The World of Embedded Hardware Forensics!
Our NEW 5-day Embedded Hardware Acquisition & Analysis Forensic Training will focus on processes that can be used to access digital data at the physical level from sources that include:
- IOT Devices
- Smart TV’s
- Vehicle Systems (This portion of the training will focus on acquisition processes not supported or taught by Berla. For comprehensive Vehicle Forensics training, please visit Berla.)
- and almost every other device that utilizes a main board, controller chip and some forms of flash memory.
Students will be provided with a foundation of how electronics work in relation to the techniques being used in this training. The processes taught will include tools from cost-effective sources, open-source resources, and commercial tools.
Students will learn how to adapt techniques like JTAG, ISP, Chip-Off, and apply it to embedded communication protocols such as SPI, i2C, UART and more, in order to exploit components and recover data from various sources like embedded code and flash memory of controller chips. Data from these sources can then be analyzed for evidence or malware artifacts.
- Course Code: AT-EHAAT
- Duration: 5 Days
- Laptop Required? Yes
- This class is open to all forensic professionals.
- *Please Note: Due to the sensitive nature of our curriculum, and industry, all potential students are subject to vetting prior to enrollment. We reserve the right to refuse registration to any person that does not meet our established criteria
Laptop Minimum Requirements
We encourage students to bring their own laptops whenever possible. If this is not possible, Teel Technologies Europe will provide one for you. If you are bringing your own laptop, please indicate it on the class registration form.
Below you will find our list of laptop requirements; please ensure the following requirements are met.
For instruction on How to Turn off Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows 8.x – 10.x, follow our easy 6 Step Guide.
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.x and 10.x
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 7
- macOS with Bootcamp Windows 8.x and Win 10.x
- macOS alone will not work (No Virtual Machines)
- 8GB RAM (minimum)
- 100GB storage (minimum)
- You must have admin rights or have the admin password for software installation.
- NOTE: ALL Windows updates should be done prior to class.